How beautiful is the pomegranate fruit, right? 😀
Pomegranates are very special fruits, as you can imagine and they were even mentioned in the Bible a few times, in the Quran as being the fruits that will be present in the gardens of paradise and in Hinduism this fruit is a symbol of fertility and prosperity. It has some magic in it, isn’t it?
I just love pomegranates. I love the sweet-sour taste of them, the colour of the fruit and I love the cleverness with which they were created in the first place… God must have had an exceptionally good and inspired day when He created this fruit, really! 😀 I have only a problem with it, because well, my life wouldn’t have existed if I didn’t found anything wrong with this perfect fruit. 😀 … And because I like to speak…a lot and I love to write, I decided to tell you a little bit about the ways that I choose when it comes to eating a pomegranate. Let’s cut back to chase:
Yes! The pomegranates and grapes have this weird aspect (for me)… the SEEDS. What to do? It’s not that I am spoiled, because I am not, but I just cannot accept at all the seeds in fruits like grapes and pomegranates. Maybe I am crazy? Who knows? This could be an option also. 😀 As much as I love the taste of pomegranate it is very hard to eat one and I have sacrificed myself for a while now and I ate the pomegranate as it is… with seeds, until one magic day. 😀 This was the day when finally someone gave me a pomegranate press (like a mechanical juicer). This was amazing! 😀
… and this is how I discovered the fresh squeezed pomegranate juice.
In the meantime I gathered some pretty cool information regarding this juice and I thought you might want to hear it too:
- Pomegranate juice is a tonic for the digestive system and is recognized for its ability to soothe stomach pain, in case of indigestion.
- For pregnant women pomegranate juice is sensational as it is very rich in minerals and vitamins and is particularly rich in folic acid. If consumed regularly, pomegranate juice reduces the risk of preterm birth.
- It looks like pomegranate juice, consumed regularly, prevents hair loss and its strengthening the hair roots.
- Helps maintaining a normal blood pressure. Drinking pomegranate juice will help you in thinning the blood and this will allow a proper blood circulation throughout the body.
- Pomegranates juice helps with the elimination of free radicals from the body, being a good inhibitor of malignant tumour development. For this reason, this juice promotes cell health and health in general.
- With such anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, we can rest assured when it comes to colds. Consuming pomegranate juice helps the body maintain high immunity and face all kinds of viruses and bacteria.
- Very rich in iron, this is important for those suffering from iron deficiency anemia.
- Pomegranate juice is known to relieve joint pain and is known for maintaining bone health.
- I will also say that pomegranate juice has anti-aging properties, because this is simply true. Please do your research 😀
- Pomegranate juice increases appetite and is a real help for those who suffer from a lack of appetite.
- Pomegranate juice protects the liver and helps it regenerate by enhancing its own ability to heal by sustaining its proper function.
- Pomegranate juice is a widely used in the prophylaxis of asthma.
- Helps lower LDL cholesterol and protects blood vessels in the body.
- Being a good anti-bacterial, pomegranate juice helps in removing plaque in the mouth.
In other words, the pomegranate juice helps us in being healthy and vibrant and it spoils us with its own savoury aroma of summer, in the middle of autumn-winter. 😀
I want to mention the fact that pomegranate juice, freshly squeezed, is beating the bare bottoms of any pomegranate juice commercially packaged and pasteurized in different ways and does not even compare in nutritional values and taste, with any other kind of pomegranate juices found in famous stores.
Now, this press for squeezing pomegranates that I was talking about a little earlier is found in a lot of supermarkets, at a reasonable price. It is a long term investment and I say it’s worth every penny. You can use it also for juicing oranges, if you want to, but for pomegranates from my point of view, this mechanical press is the best solution. : D
… Let’s go to the market, buy some pomegranates and let’s get drunk with the taste and fragrance of homemade pomegranate juice!: D